This Champagne and Raspberry Posset is guaranteed to impress this Valentine's Day! It's easy to make, tastes delicious and can be decorated beautifully to make your loved one feel extra special.
Here's how to make it:
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tbsp champagne (save the rest for pouring!)
- 200ml double cream
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- decorations: think rose petals, freeze-dried raspberries, heart shaped biscuits, chocolate....
1. Blend the champagne and raspberries together in a blender or food processor. Try to get it as smooth as possible, then strain the mix through a sieve.
2. Warm the cream and sugar over a saucepan until the sugar melts.
3. Increase the heat until the mixture boils, then turn up the heat and boil vigorously for 2 1/12 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the raspberry and champagne puree.
5. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then divide into two small serving bowls or glasses - we used martini glasses!
6. Chill for 2 hours until set, and then decorate!