Our mushroom risotto is a fantastic, easy to make recipe that will feed the whole family! It is the perfect winter warmer meal, as well as being nourishing and delicious.
Why not give this recipe a go for Mother's Day?
1.5 cups arborio rice or risotto rice
1 brown onion
3 cloves garlic
4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
250g mixed mushrooms
Handful chopped parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
Zest & juice of 1/2 a lemon
Salt and black pepper
1. Finely dice the onion and garlic, and slice the mushrooms
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat, add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add the rice, and toast for a few minutes, before adding the wine.
4. Once the rice has absorbed the wine, add one ladle worth of the vegetable stock and the lemon juice. Wait until the rice has absorbed the stock, stirring constantly.
5. Add the mushrooms and keep stirring. Season with salt and black pepper. Add another ladle of stock, and stir until the rice has absorbed the stock. Repeat until the rice is al dente, should take about 20-25 minutes.
6. Add the lemon zest and give the rice a final stir.
7. Garnish with parsley and cheese (use non-dairy for vegan or leave it out!) and serve with a glass of white wine.