Lest we forget.
ANZAC Day, a day of remembrance and respect. The most important day in our history as Australians and New Zealanders. A day that represents bravery, strength, unity and sacrifice. A day where we come together and honour all of the brave people who gave up their freedom, so we could have ours today. A special day in all of our hearts, where we must always remember the fallen soldiers of two beautiful nations, each year on April 25th.
There are so many different ways to pay tribute to the ANZAC's, and we thought we'd share our favourite ANZAC biscuit recipe:
- 1/2 cup Standard Grade Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix together flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
- Melt butter and golden syrup.
- Dissolve baking soda in the boiling water and add to butter and golden syrup.
- Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Place level tablespoonfuls of mixture onto cold greased trays.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden.
Enjoy with a cuppa!