Perfect for a casual Friday night, or a long lunch with friends, there's nothing more refreshing and lovely than a Caprese salad! The Caprese salad originates in Capri in Italy, where we have been lucky enough to have spent some time over the years.
- 4 ripe fresh tomatoes
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- balsamic glaze
- good quality olive oil
- salt & pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into 1cm round pieces
2. Arrange the tomatoes and mozzarella on a platter or a plate with the fresh basil leaves
3. Drizzle over olive oil and balsamic glaze.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
It's as easy as that! Serve with a glass of rose for a fabulous summer treat!